Welcome to section 3 which focuses on Wild Writing
In this section we focus on Wild Writing through five themes: Celebration Drawers, Secret Life of the Outdoors, Walking a Line, Dream Travel and Bringing the outside in.
There are three parts to this section. In the first part, ‘See and Think’, we share our work with you across five wild writing themes. Then in the next two parts we ask you to reflect and plan to develop a lesson idea and then to share this on our online community.
Here is a bit more detail:
- The first part A: See and Think (Units 1 to 5) explores the themes for this section. You will spend time reviewing all five separate units; each containing an introductory case study, some examples from practice and a lesson plan which could be a starting point for the theme. This part will take you approximately 1h 15m in total. You will then choose one unit idea to take forward to part B: Reflect.
- For part B: Reflect you can choose between two 30-minute tasks:
- (more general) – reflect on how the ideas from this module relate to your previous teaching experiences and how they might impact on your future teaching.
- (more specific) – develop a lesson idea based on one of the units from this module and reflect on how you will put it into practice.
- For part C: Share you will spend 15 minutes:
- sharing your work by posting in the Online Community adding an image or link to illustrate your ideas if you can.
- then commenting on at least two of the other participants’ posts.
We are excited to hear your thoughts on the themes and hope that you will find it really useful to exchange ideas with everyone in the community.