Welcome to Week 1 which focuses on Introducing STEM to STEAM
Within this section we focus on Introducing STEM to STEAM and the sub topic of What if we could change size?
The structure for this section
There are five parts to this section. In the first three parts, A: See and Think – Units 1 to 3, we share our work with you across the theme of Introducing STEM to STEAM and the sub topic of What if we could change size? In the next two parts we ask you to reflect and plan to develop a lesson idea, and then to share your thoughts on our online community.
There are several parts to this section:
- First there is an introduction to the theme of STEM to STEAM.
- Next, within part A: See and Think we share our work with you across three units, Seeing STEAM, Experiencing STEAM and Hearing STEAM, all related to the sub topic of What if we could change size?
- You will review the three units. Each unit contains examples from practice which could be a starting point for exploring the theme with your learners. This part will take you approximately 1 hour in total. You will then choose one unit idea to take forward to part B: Reflect.
- For part B: Reflect we ask you to reflect and plan to develop a lesson idea. Here you can choose between two 30-minute tasks:
- (more general) – reflect on how the ideas from this module relate to your previous teaching experiences and how they might impact on your future teaching.
- (more specific) – develop a lesson idea based on one of the units and reflect on how you will put it into practice.
- For part C: Share you will spend 15 minutes:
- sharing your reflection by posting in the Online Community adding an image or link to illustrate your ideas if you can.
- commenting on at least two of the other participants’ posts.
We are excited to hear your thoughts on the themes and hope that you will find it really useful to exchange ideas with everyone in the community.
To start, please click on Introduction: STEM to STEAM
- Introduction: STEM to STEAM
- A: See and Think – Unit 1 Seeing STEAM Example 1
- A: See and Think – Unit 1 Seeing STEAM Example 2
- A: See and Think – Unit 2 Experiencing STEAM Example 1
- A: See and Think – Unit 2 Experiencing STEAM Example 2
- A: See and Think – Unit 3 Hearing STEAM Example 1
- B: Create/Reflect
- C: Share
- D: Well done for completing the first week!